Important Notice for Educational Tax Benefits
Beginning with the 2018 tax year, Gateway Technical College is reporting the AMOUNT PAID in Box 1.
What is a 1098-T?
The form 1098-T reports the amount of tuition and related fees that Gateway Technical College received for qualified tuition and related expenses during the calendar year. The purpose of the form is to determine if you are eligible for any tax incentives, including the American Opportunity Credit or the Lifetime Learning Credit.
View the 1098-T Box Reporting & Tuition Statement.
When will I receive a 1098-T?
1098-T Forms will be available by January 31 each year for eligible students.
Retrieve your 1098-T Forms
1098-T Forms are retrievable by following the steps below:
- Login to My Gateway.
- Select the Financial Information Card.
- Select Tax Forms: 1098-T.
- Select the Tax Year you wish to view/download/print.
- Students’ can also view/download/print 1098-T statements from the kiosk in the Student Services Centers (Racine, Kenosha or Elkhorn Campus).
Where can I obtain the amount billed for tuition and related fees?
You can find this information in the My Gateway | Financial Information Card | Account Activity by Term.
Why did I not receive a 1098-T?
- You do not have a valid SSN on file. In this case, please bring documentation of your SSN and identification to any Student Services Center (Racine, Kenosha or Elkhorn Campus).
- You do not have a valid address on file. Students can update their address by going to My Gateway | My Profile | Update Personal Information OR addresses can be updated at any Student Services Center (Racine, Kenosha, or Elkhorn Campus).
- Your enrollment included only Adult Continuing Education, Development/Remedial or Pre-College courses.
- Students whose qualified tuition and related expenses are entirely waived or paid completely with scholarships, grants or paid fully by a third party.
If you need assistance with this process, please contact the Student Services Contact Center at 1-800-247-7122 or SScontactcenter@gtc.edu.
NOTE: You can choose to withhold electronic delivery of your 1098-T form through My Gateway | Financial Information | Tax Forms: 1098-T | Change Preferences. If you withhold consent, a paper statement will be mailed to your address on file within 30 days.
Where can I obtain additional information about Form 1098-T?
It is important to note that Gateway Technical College is unable to answer any tax related questions or provide individual income tax advice. Please consult a tax professional or the IRS with questions or inquiries regarding the educational credits.
The following links and contact number may be helpful for further information regarding the 1098-T forms and tax credits: