Continuing Student Scholarships are for current Gateway students who:
- have completed at least three (3) credits at Gateway
- have earned a minimum GPA of 2.0
- are in good academic standing
- complete and submit on-line application (end of August to early October)
All applications are completed on-line at:
Keys to success
- most scholarships require at least one letter of reference; speak with your instructors, Gateway staff, your current or past supervisor, or community leader who knows you well in advance of completing your application. Ask them to write an electronic letter of recommendation. You provide the name and email address; the scholarship software will send the link to the reference form electronically
- your statement of purpose provides important information about you; especially if you are not comfortable with writing, seek writing assistance. The Academic Support Centers are glad to provide support to you as you write about what brought you to Gateway, your chosen field, and your goals and hopes. Your instructors may also be willing to help you.
- If you have been involved as a community volunteer or active in Gateway student clubs, make sure to include the specifics in your application. Community involvement is not a requirement of all scholarships; some scholarships are interested.