Thanks to the generosity of our donors, Gateway Foundation offers more than 160 scholarships annually. Check our database to find out which scholarships best fit you. Your first step is to apply. Two hours of your time completing the application could earn you a scholarship between $500 and $6,000. To apply, complete the annual online application. A team of Foundation volunteers and staff members evaluate the scholarship applications by comparing the application to the scholarship criteria. Gateway Foundation Scholarships may be used for tuition, fees, books and supplies (purchased through the college bookstore or the college).
Keys to Successful Scholarship Applications
- Most scholarships require at least one letter of reference. Speak with your instructors, Gateway staff, your current or past supervisor, or community leader who knows you well in advance of completing your application.
- Ask them to write an electronic letter of recommendation.
- You provide the name and email address; the scholarship software will send the link to the reference form electronically.
- Your statement of purpose provides important information about you; especially if you are not comfortable with writing, seek writing assistance. Learning Success Centers are glad to provide support to you as you write about what brought you to Gateway, your chosen field, and your goals and hopes. Your instructors may also be willing to help you.
- If you have been involved as a community volunteer or active in Gateway student clubs, make sure to include the specifics in your application. Community involvement is not a requirement of all scholarships.