Students who receive federal and/or state financial aid will have their funds applied to their Gateway student account. Students will be able to charge certain expenses to this account including tuition, fees and bookstore charges. After classes begin and the student's attendance is verified on the Census Date, Gateway will apply the student's financial aid award to their Gateway student account. If the student's award exceeds expenses, excess funds will be refunded to the student's GatewayPlus Card. Refer to the Student Handbook for specific disbursements dates for each semester.
The Gateway Plus Card is a quick and easy way to deliver financial aid disbursements to students. Gateway has partnered with the financial services company, Bank Mobile, to provide this service.
Look for your refund selection kit. It will arrive in a bright green envelope. Then make your refund choice by going to Refundselection.com.
To receive financial aid disbursement (refund) from Gateway, students must:
- Visit refundselection.com
- Enter your unique Personal Code
- Select how you’d like to receive your money
- Complete your profile
- Choose how they would like to receive the refund. There are two options:
- Disbursement (refund) deposited directly to the Gateway Plus Card
- Disbursement (refund) deposited to a bank account of the students choice
A Gateway Plus Card will be mailed to the students address on file with the college. Students should verify their address on WebAdvisor or in any Student Services Center. Students should activate their Gateway Plus Card as soon as they receive it. Even if they do not receive a financial aid award this semester, they may in the future.
- Students can contact Bank Mobile Customer Care team by
There are many benefits to the Gateway Plus Card, including:
- No monthly fee for students or minimum balance requirement
- No NSF fees or overdraft fees
- No PIN-based transaction fees
- Fee-free ATM access to over 55,000 ATMs worldwide
- Free checks and mobile check deposit
- Free photo bill pay
- Free Money Meter & Snapshot tools for budgeting and mobile money management
- Free Passport recognition program that rewards for academic and financial behavior