The Nursing Assistant Limited Term program prepares students for employment as nursing assistants. The program also prepares students for other health-related programs. During the 75-hour course, students will be required to demonstrate the following skills under the supervision of a licensed nurse: communication, basic nursing assistant and personal care skills, attention to client's rights, and care of clients with dementias. The program is recognized by the Wisconsin Department of Health Services as a nurse-aide training program. Upon successful completion of the program, the student is eligible to take the Wisconsin Nursing Assistant competency evaluation for inclusion on the Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry and employment in nursing homes, hospitals, home health agencies, hospices, CBRF's, assisted living centers and homes for the developmentally disabled.
Nursing Assistant – Limited Term
Are you a compassionate, reliable person who wants to quickly move into a rewarding field helping others? Make Gateway Technical College’s Nursing Assistant certificate your first choice. This accredited program prepares caregivers to work in hospitals, nursing homes and other settings, where you’ll assist registered nurses and other staff by helping patients with hygiene and nutrition, taking vital signs and giving other basic care.
Note: Gateway has an approved waiver from DHS allowing the College to offer the Emergency Nurse Aide program a 75 hour training that will lead to nurse aide certification and inclusion on the Wisconsin Nurse Aide Registry after successfully passing both portions (skills and knowledge) of the state nurse aide competency exam.
- Gain real-world experience in a variety of settings with 75 hours of classroom and hands-on patient simulation lab work.
- Get certified. After completing this 75-hour course, qualify to take the State of Wisconsin’s licensure exam to become a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA).
- Learn hands-on using the latest equipment including mechanical lifts, vital signs equipment, wheelchairs, hospital beds and other tools you’ll use on the job.
- Build your network by joining Health Occupations Students of America (HOSA), a club that offers a variety of opportunities for students to attend state and national conventions and competitions.
- Get hired in the in-demand healthcare field or further your education in a number of other health-related fields, such as nursing, physician’s assistant or physical therapy.
Elkhorn Campus, Kenosha Campus, Racine Campus
Tuition & Fees: $518
Books & Supplies: $207
Spring, Summer, Fall
Nursing Assistant – Limited Term Career Pathway
Career Pathways are designed to help you reach your educational goals and explore college and career options. Pathways are made up of related certificates, diplomas and degrees that build on common skills and knowledge. You can begin at any point on the Career Pathway and customize your pathway to fit your goals. View the pathway for your area of interest.