This course provides fundamental information regarding the history and philosophy of fire prevention, organization and operation of a fire prevention bureau, use of fire codes, and identification and correction of fire hazards. It meets all requirements for Fire Inspector I certification with the state of Wisconsin.
Begin a rewarding career of saving lives and promoting safety by becoming a firefighter! Gateway’s Firefighter Technician technical diploma equips you with training required by local career fire departments. You’ll learn by doing at Gateway’s HERO center, training hands-on through workshops, simulations and courses and using cutting-edge equipment. Upon graduation, you’ll be well-prepared to start your fire service career.
- Learn by participating in hands-on training in our HERO Center that covers health and wellness principles, building construction, fire behavior, fire certification courses, and more.
- Network and gain professional experience by joining the Fire Student Organization. Participate in fundraisers, visit fire museums, and attend state and national conferences and seminars.
- Prove your capability to future employers by practicing the Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) certification as part of the program.
- Embark on an exciting career in the fire service industry. Become a career or volunteer firefighter, or work in fire prevention, code enforcement, installation, inspection and more.
- Continue your education and apply your technical diploma credits toward a Gateway associate degree, such as Fire Medic or Paramedic.
Tuition & Fees: $5,287
Books & Supplies: $2,129
Firefighter Technician Career Pathway
Career Pathways are designed to help you reach your educational goals and explore college and career options. Pathways are made up of related certificates, diplomas and degrees that build on common skills and knowledge. You can begin at any point on the Career Pathway and customize your pathway to fit your goals. View the pathway for your area of interest.