The Board Appointment Committee for the Gateway Technical College District Board of Trustees extended the deadline to accept applications from Kenosha County and Walworth County residents seeking appointment to the board.
Deadline to apply for the appointment is noon, March 8.
In this extended period, Gateway seeks applicants for two open seats. The three-year appointments for those seats begin July 1, 2013, and end June 30, 2016.
In addition, the group of those selected must also meet the following criteria:
- One must be an employer member. In general, this is someone who has the authority to oversee or recommend employee hiring, firing, suspension, discipline, layoffs, recalls, promotions, discharges and grievances.
- One is considered an “additional” member. This person can be any resident who lives within the Gateway Technical College District.
Applications must be notarized, include two letters of reference, and applicants must be present at the March 27 meeting of the appointment committee at the Burlington Center, 496 McCanna Parkway. Chairpersons of the Kenosha County, Walworth County and Racine County boards of supervisors make up the interview committee.
Those interested in applying can obtain the application/affidavit packet:
- online at http://www.gtc.edu/boardapp
- at county clerks’ offices in Kenosha and Walworth counties
- In person from Bill Whyte, Gateway Vice President, Human Resources and Facilities, located at the Administration Center at Gateway’s Kenosha Campus, 3520-30th Ave., Kenosha