Thanks to the generosity of our donors, Gateway Foundation offers more than 160 scholarships annually. There could be a scholarship for you. Your first step is to apply. Two hours of your time could earn you a scholarship between $500 and $2,000.
To apply, complete the annual, one-time, on-line application. What you tell us about yourself is matched to the criteria of the scholarship. A team of Foundation volunteers and staff members evaluate the scholarship applications by comparing the application to the criteria of the scholarship. The application with the best fit is the one chosen for the award.
Keys to success
- Most scholarships require at least one letter of reference; speak with your instructors, Gateway staff, your current or past supervisor, or community leader who knows you well in advance of completing your application. Ask them to write an electronic letter of recommendation. You provide the name and email address; the scholarship software will send the link to the reference form electronically
- Your statement of purpose provides important information about you; especially if you are not comfortable with writing, seek writing assistance. The Academic Support Centers are glad to provide support to you as you write about what brought you to Gateway, your chosen field, and your goals and hopes. Your instructors may also be willing to help you.
- If you have been involved as a community volunteer or active in Gateway student clubs, make sure to include the specifics in your application. Community involvement is not a requirement of all scholarships.
To apply on-line or to complete your application go to:
Gateway Foundation Scholarships Manager Website.
Which application period is for you?
Continuing Student Scholarships are for current Gateway students who:
- have completed at least three (3) credits at Gateway
- have earned a minimum GPA of 2.0
- are in good academic standing
- complete and submit on-line application
- Application Time Frame: end of August to early October
High School Student Scholarships are for high school students
- who graduate in the current academic year
- have earned a minimum GPA of 2.0 in high school
- must complete and submit on-line application
- Application Time Frame: end of January to March 16, 2016
New Student Scholarships are for students who have graduated from high school or earned their GED/HSED.
- Students need to be accepted by the priority date: 7/1 for Fall
- Meet requirements of the programs
- Application Time Frame: late July to August
This renewable scholarship is for new adult learners entering Gateway with no Gateway credits.
Students must have clear educational goals, meet priority date deadlines, and follow their chosen program deadlines. This scholarship is available to students pursuing a technical diploma or associate’s degree.