Join the discussion.
Broaden your cultural knowledge, share your perspective and unique insights at Gateway’s Diversity 365 cultural events on campus.
Upcoming Cultural Events
Load Up at the SPUD-TACULAR for St. Patrick's Day
FREE loaded baked potatoes for students while supplies last from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- March 12, 2019 • Racine Campus, Lake Building, Student Life Center
- March 13, 2019 • Elkhorn Campus, South Building, Student Commons
- March 14, 2019 • Kenosha Campus, Academic Building, Student Life Center
Cost is $5 for staff.
Sponsored by Student Life, United Student Government & Diversity 365 in recognition of European Heritage Month.
Women's History Month
Women in History Firsts Trivia Game
Students can win a copy of Michelle Obama's 'Becoming' Best-Selling Book of 2018. Complete up to three Women's History Trivia Sheets and be entered into a drawing for a copy of the book 'Becoming'. Trivia Sheets can be found in the Learning Success Centers and Multicultural Resource Centers on each campus, or at the links below. The drawing for student winners will happen every Wednesday and Friday starting March 13 & 15 and March 20 & 22 . Please note only students can participate in the book drawing, not staff.
Students can entry the drawing with 1 sheet completed with correct answers or complete all 3. On the back the Trivia Sheet provide your Name, student ID number and Gateway email address. Winners will be emailed and required to show ID to pick up their copy of 'Becoming':
Empower yourself to gain life-saving strategies and skills from an international self-defense expert.
- March 25 - 9 a.m.-12 p.m. - Racine Campus Quad Rooms - Register
- April 1, 2019, 1 - 4 pm: Kenosha Academic Building, Room A238 - Register
- April 10 - 12-3 p.m. - Elkhorn Campus North N217 (practice in room N218) - Register
Women in Manufacturing Summit
This dynamic event includes a career panel, Fab Lab project, CNC machine demonstration and presentation by Dorothy Walker, dean of MATC’s School of Technology and Applied Sciences and the first female welding instructor in the Wisconsin Technical College System.
- Saturday, March 16 from 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. at S.C. Johnson iMet Center
All Gateway participants will receive lunch, a T-shirt and manufacturing starter kit
The Notorious RBG: Documentary Showing
Explore an empowering and personal view into the life and career of an unexpected rock star—Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg and her early legal battles that changed the world for women.
Showings on all three campuses on Wednesday, March 20, 2019 from 11 a.m. -1 p.m. and 3 - 5 p.m.
- Kenosha Campus - Academic Building: Student Life Center Garden Room
- Racine Campus - Lake Building: Multicultural Resource Center - L006
- Elkhorn Campus - South Building: Rm. 112
Becoming: Michelle Obama Book Club
Becoming is an intimate, powerful and inspiring memoir by the former First Lady of the United States. Join the conversation at a Chat n’ Chew Book Read and be inspired as we explore a work of deep reflection and mesmerizing storytelling by Michelle Obama.
- Chat n' Chew Book Read on Racine Campus - Lake Building: Multicultural Resource Center - L006 Monday, March 25, 2019 from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
SOMOS LATINAS: VOICES OF WISCONSIN LATINA ACTIVISTS
Co-author Eloisa Gómez, along with activists featured in the book, will present an overview highlighting takeaways on Latina leadership and activism.
- Tuesday, March 26, 6 - 8 p.m. Racine Campus, Lake Building, Multicultural Resource Center - L006
Sign language interpreter available upon request. Contact Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gateway Technical College is committed to providing access and equal opportunity for all. Reasonable accommodations are provided for all services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request a disability accommodation, please contact the Office for Equal Opportunity and Civil Rights at least ten days in advance at 262-564-3062/Wisconsin Relay 711 or email@example.com.