The Green Scholar program is an exciting opportunity to become involved in sustainability activities around Gateway. Through a number of eco-friendly activities, you’ll earn points throughout your educational journey and have a real impact around the college and the community. Successful completion of the program will result in graduating with the Green Scholar distinction and receiving sustainable participation gifts.
Joining and participating in the Green Scholars program is easy. Just follow the steps listed below:
- Earn points for participating in green activities, such as reading a book about sustainability, meeting with the Associate Vice President of facilities or the Vice President, Community and Government Relations to discuss our green initiatives, and/or by just being environmentally conscious. In the Green Scholar Point System Booklet there are great ideas on ways to earn points. You can also keep track of points earned by logging activities in the points log section of the booklet. The ideas are also available on our Green Scholars Point System page.
- Earn at least 75 points during your educational journey at Gateway Technical College.
- Submit the completed Green Scholar Points log before the appropriate deadline specified below directly to Amber Stoian at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to meet the deadline to assure graduating the Green Scholar distinction.
Deadline for spreadsheet submission for Green Scholar distinction at graduation:
- November 19, 2020 for Fall 2020 graduation
- April 1, 2021 for May 2021 graduation
Be part of the solution!
Questions? Please contact Amber Stoian at email@example.com.