Effective January 1, 2019, Title IX pregnancy and parenting accommodations will no longer be applied retroactively in most cases. Students who have attended any class during or after the fall 2018 semester and have a qualifying event (pregnancy, etc) will not be eligible for retroactive accommodations.
Students must request services as soon as accommodations are needed by contact Disability Support Services at the number below.
Students who are pregnant or parenting have the right to:
- Not be told to drop out or change education plans
- Be provided a comfortable space to breastfeed or pump milk
- Be excused from class due to pregnancy-related appointments (pre-natal, give birth, have an abortion, attend a pre-natal visit, or be on doctor ordered bed rest)
- Not have excused absences count against a grade
- Be provided the opportunity to make up missed work from excused absences
- Not be harassed as a result of a pregnancy
You have rights as a pregnant/parenting student. If you need accommodations, or want to know more about those rights, contact Disability Support Services at:
- Kenosha/Horizon/Lakeview: (262) 564-2006
- Elkhorn/Burlington: (262) 741-8020
- Racine/SC Johnson iMET Center: (262) 619-6216