International Students Transferring to Gateway

If you have been studying at another U.S. educational institution and now plan to attend Gateway Technical College, you must do the following to meet SEVIS requirements:

  1. If you plan to transfer from another institution to Gateway Technical College, you must complete a Gateway Transfer-In Form, and submit the form to the international office at your current educational institution to be signed.
  2. A Designated School Official (DSO) at your current school must complete the Gateway Transfer-In Form. Once it is completed, have the form sent to Gateway with a Gateway International Student Application for Admission Packet, and all available transcripts to initiate the transfer process.
  3. Include a copy of your TOEFL score with your packet and have your completed packet sent to:
    Gateway Technical College
    400 County Road H
    Elkhorn, WI 53121
  4. The Gateway International Student Admissions Office will produce a new SEVIS I-20 for you to attend Gateway Technical College. Your Gateway SEVIS I-20 will be produced after the release date noted by your current school. You must attend a Gateway International Student orientation before the start of classes.

For any additional transfer questions, please contact the Office of International Student Services at or call 262-564-2505.