Students will use Vector Illustration software for technical drawing, composition and implementation of created art into print, web and social media. Students will incorporate traditional drawing skills and scanning methods into their digital illustration and drawings. Composition, digital color specification and current graphic design trends will be emphasized.
Design a career you love with a Graphic Communications associate degree! Graphic design merges art and technology and lets you use your creativity every day with computer software as your canvas. Prepare for your career with hands-on graphic design software training in state-of-the-art computer labs. By graduation, you’ll have compiled an impressive portfolio that will help you wow employers and market yourself as a experienced graphic designer.
- Train hands-on in Gateway’s exceptional computer labs with instructors who have years of extensive design experience. Practice on projection, scanning, printing and photography equipment.
- Learn in the field by studying abroad, visiting design businesses and conferences, or participating in internships to gain professional experience working with real design businesses.
- Showcase your work by participating in a district-wide design show, joining student clubs and compiling an impressive portfolio that you can use to help you enter your career.
- Earn certificates in Desktop Publishing or Digital Photography to gain specialized training and focus on a career path that really speaks to you.
- Become a graphic designer and begin a versatile career. With this degree, you could work for an agency, internal design department, or printing company, or go freelance. The opportunities are endless!
Elkhorn Campus, Online, Racine Campus
Tuition & Fees: $9,964
Books & Supplies: $3,974
Graphic Communications Career Pathway
Career Pathways are designed to help you reach your educational goals and explore college and career options. Pathways are made up of related certificates, diplomas and degrees that build on common skills and knowledge. You can begin at any point on the Career Pathway and customize your pathway to fit your goals. View the pathway for your area of interest.