Applications for Global Enrichment trips are accepted about a year prior to the travel dates. To be eligible, students must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Have a minimum grade point average of 2.5 (on a 4-point scale) in a declared program and completed six credits
- Be able to provide two recommendations from Gateway faculty members
- Be available to interview in November 2019
- Be in compliance with department and college policies and free of disciplinary action or progressive discipline action
- Have or be able to obtain a valid U.S. Passport by January 10, 2020.
Additionally, faculty are eligible to apply, subject to availability, provided they have been hired prior to Dec. 31 of the previous academic year and have been approved for activity request from their dean/supervisor.
You can apply for Global Scholars Study Abroad classes in seven simple steps:
- Find the Study Abroad opportunity you want to pursue below
- Complete & submit your application by the deadline with an $80 application fee (full refund by December if not accepted)
- Prepare for interview & presentation: dress in business casual
- Attend orientation & meet your classmates
- Register for class via My Gateway during registration for Spring
- Attend class as scheduled
- Travel to your international destination.
Applications are currently closed, but feel free to explore the application materials here to prepare yourself for what to expect. New opportunities are announced around the midpoint of the Spring semester for the following year.