The Gateway Promise program makes big dreams a reality for eligible high school seniors across Southeast Wisconsin through tuition-free college. Here’s what you need to know about the Gateway Promise program—and how it can change your life, too:
- The Gateway Promise program fills the gap between federal and state grants and the cost of tuition at Gateway, so eligible students can attend Gateway tuition-free!
- Support is calculated after federal and state grants are applied, but before loans, federal work study and non-tuition scholarships.
- Funding will be available for six semesters—two per academic year—up to 18 credits each semester.
- Students are still responsible for the cost of books, supplies and any extra course fees.
In order to stay in the Promise program, students must:
- Maintain full-time status (12 credits or more per semester) and a 2.0 GPA
- Participate in academic and career-planning workshops, service learning opportunities and student clubs
- Attend a Promise kickoff and Promise Scholars summer college readiness program that services as an introduction to Gateway’s services, opportunities and student life activities
You can apply to the Gateway Promise program in just two easy steps:
- Submit your Gateway application for admission by June 1, 2021 and be sure to indicate in the Academic History section that you are interested in the Gateway Promise.
- Submit your Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) by June 1, 2021.
That’s all you need to do! Gateway will contact you to inform you of your Promise enrollment status. If you are accepted to the program, here are your next steps.
If you have any questions about applying, please contact your New Student Specialist.