The Gateway Technical College District is governed by a nine-member board of trustees representing the communities served by the three-county district. The Board comprises two employer members, two employee members, one elected official, one school district administrator, one student representative and three additional members. Members are appointed by the chairpersons of the Kenosha, Racine, and Walworth County Boards of Supervisors, and serve staggered three-year terms.
Monday, March 13, 2023 - 5:30 p.m.
iMET Center of Gateway Technical College, Room 102
2320 Renaissance Blvd, Sturtevant, WI
Join Zoom Meeting
Or call 1-312-626-6799 | Meeting ID: 826 5140 4193
Notice is hereby given by Mr. Tom Roanhouse, Chairperson of the Racine County Board of Supervisors and Chairperson of the Appointment Committee for the Gateway Technical College District Board that the Appointment Committee will meet 5:30 p.m., Monday, March 13, 2023, at the iMET Center of Gateway Technical College, 2320 Renaissance Blvd, Sturtevant, WI, Room 102, to:
- hold a public hearing on nominations;
- review and approve the Plan for Representation;
- consider the appointment of representatives to the Gateway Technical College District Board; and
- to consider other items relating to the appointment process.
The Gateway Technical College District Board Appointment Committee reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at this meeting per Wisconsin Statute 19.85 (1)(c) and (1)(f) to consider information which, if discussed in public, would be likely to have a substantial adverse effect upon the reputation of any person, and reserves the right to convene again into open session for the purpose of taking action.
Applications were available for:
- Two (2) Additional Member (three year term)
- One (1) Elected Official Member (three year term)
- One (1) Employee Member (one year term)
Vacant is three (3) Racine County Seats, and one (1) Kenosha County Seat.
Three (3) appointees will be appointed to three-year terms commencing on July 1, 2023 and expiring on June 30, 2026. One (1) appointee will be appointed to a one-year term commencing on July 1, 2023 and expiring on June 30, 2024. APPLICANTS ARE:
Kenosha County Resident(s):
- John Gendron, 795 4th Court, Silver Lake, WI 53170
- Zina Haywood, 6113 91st Avenue, Kenosha, WI 53142
- Rebecca Matoska-Mentink, 4214 109th Street, Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158
- Shebaniah Muhammad, 7114 23rd Avenue, Kenosha, WI 53143
Racine County Resident(s):
- Ram Bhatia, 7902 Creek View Lane, Mt. Pleasant, WI 53406
- Zaida Hernandez-Irisson, 5510 Byrd Drive, Racine, WI 53406
- Henry Perez, 1017 Kentucky Street, Racine, WI 53405
- Taylor Wishau, 8770 Country View Lane, Burlington, WI 53105
- Pamela Zenner-Richards, 810 Kentucky Street, Racine, WI 53405
In order to meet eligibility requirements, all candidates must attend the Appointment Committee Public Hearing on Monday, March 13, 2023, in person and be interviewed.
Mr. Tom Roanhouse
Chairperson, Racine County Board of Supervisors
Chairperson, Gateway Technical College District Board Appointment Committee
For purposes of state regulations, this notice was officially intended for publication in the Racine Journal Times and Kenosha News on or before February 27, 2023.