The Board Appointment Committee for the Gateway Technical College District Board of Trustees has begun accepting applications from district residents seeking appointment to the board.
Deadline to apply for the appointment is noon, February 21.
Three seats are open for appointment. Board members holding the three seats up for reappointment are Gary Olsen, Scott Pierce and Roger Zacharias. The three-year appointments for those seats begin July 1, 2018, and end June 30, 2021.
Seats are one from Walworth County, one from Racine County and one districtwide. In addition, the group of those selected must also meet the following criteria:
- One must be an employer member. In general, this is someone who possesses the power to hire, suspend, layoff, fire, promote or reward other employees, and also to suspend, recall or handle discharges and grievances of other employees.
- One must be an employee member. In general, this is someone who is employed but does not meet the classification of an employer member.
- One designation as a School District Administrator Seat. In general, this is someone who serves as a school district superintendent, supervising principal or otherwise acts as the administrative head of a school district. This is a districtwide seat.
In addition to meeting the job categories above, the selection of the three board members from the field of candidates must also ensure that board county-of-residency requirements are filled. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Applications must be notarized, include two letters of reference, and applicants must be present at the 5 p.m. March 14 meeting of the appointment committee at the Burlington Center, 496 McCanna Parkway. Chairpersons of the Kenosha County, Walworth County and Racine County boards of supervisors make up the interview committee.
Those interested in applying can obtain the application/affidavit packet:
- online at www.gtc.edu/appointments
- From Kelly Bartlett, Room I 201 in the Inspire Center on the Kenosha Campus, 3520-30th Ave, Kenosha.