Tentative Travel Dates: May 27 - June 9, 2020 (Dates are subject to change based on airfare)
Gateway Technical College students will work on an International Biz Squad and collaborate with instructors and students from Ecole Superieure de Technologie (EST) in Oujda, Morocco to address industry issues facing local businesses. Once in country, students will visit the medieval city of Marrakech, and ride a camel through the palm grove stopping at an authentic Berber home. In Casablanca, visit the Hassan II Mosque (the largest Mosque in Africa), and see royal landmarks in the capital city of Rabat. Students will spend the last 6 nights with a host family in Oujda immersing themselves in the captivating culture of Morocco. With EST instructors and students as their guide, they will tour the EST campus, complete the Moroccan Biz Squad project, visit local businesses and visit the Government office in Berkane to learn about Moroccan government and to do an analysis of the public works data center. This program is open to Business and Information Technology students.
To be eligible to apply to this program you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a minimum grade point average of 2.5 (on a 4-point scale) in declared program
- Be able to provide two (2) recommendations from Gateway faculty members.
- Be available to interview in November 2019
- Be in compliance with department and college policies and free of disciplinary action or progressive discipline action
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid U.S. Passport by January 10, 2020
Successful candidates will work well in a team environment, have the social maturity to represent the U.S. and Gateway abroad, and be able to meet deadlines.