Employers today look for people who can work and communicate effectively in a diverse environment. They want people with initiative and leadership skills. A service project in Belize or global project with a German team would grab a potential employer's attention.
Built around Gateway’s academic programs, Global Scholar study abroad opportunities are typically two to three weeks in length, planned around breaks to work with student schedules. They typically cost less than $3,000. Gateway also works with students to help cover program costs – funding up to $750 from Gateway, financial aid eligibility and additional fundraising opportunities. Applications are typically taken one year prior to travel.
To be eligible, students must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a minimum grade point average of 2.5 (on a 4-point scale) in declared program
- Be able to provide two (2) recommendations from Gateway faculty members.
- Be available to interview in November 2019
- Be in compliance with department and college policies and free of disciplinary action or progressive discipline action
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid U.S. Passport by January 10, 2020
You can apply for Global Scholars Study Abroad classes in seven simple steps:
- Find the Study Abroad opportunity you want to pursue below.
- Complete & submit your application by the deadline with an $80 application fee (full refund by December if not accepted.)
- Prepare for interview & presentation: dress in business casual.
- Attend orientation & meet your classmates
- Register for class via My Gateway during registration for Spring
- Attend class as scheduled
- Travel to your international destination.