What is the TeleCom / Cabling Installer Boot Camp?
This hands-on boot camp covers basic concepts of telecommunications equipment and cabling installation and other skills needed in the telecommunication field.
Telecom Cable Installer Boot Camp II will run February 7, 2017 – April 28, 2017
Students will learn:
- Copper and fiber optic termination
- Termination, basic testing and troubleshooting
- Fire stopping and fire safety practices - install fire stop systems in classroom simulations
- Industry, codes and standards, industry best practices, and professionalism
Who is the Boot Camp For?
This boot camp is designed to prepare students to be entry level telecom cabling installers. It teaches the importance of safety, as well as safe practices and procedures.
How long is the Boot Camp program?
The Boot Camp is an 12-week program that requires attending class 8-hours a day, 5 days a week.
What prior education is required to attend the Boot Camp?
No prior experience in Telecommunications is required. Basic reading and math skills are required. Computer skills are helpful but not required. Students must complete a basic skills assessment prior to enrollment in boot camps.
Is college credit or certifications earned for the completed classes?
The Boot Camp is a certificate program. Satisfactory completion of boot camp courses earn college credit toward a diploma or degree. Up to 12 nationally recognized industry certifications can be earned.
What is the employment outlook for Telecommunications Installers?
The latest data (2012) from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts a 4-5% growth in this area over the next 8 years. The median pay for Installers is $54,530 per year, with the bottom 10% earning $30,840 or $14.83 per hour.
How can I get more information?
Plan to attend both a Classroom Expectations and a What it Really Means to be a TeleCom Installer information session.
All Classroom Expectations sessions are held at:
SC Johnson iMET Center, Room 231
2320 Renaissance Boulevard, Sturtevant, WI 53177
- Mon, December 12, 2016 at 9 a.m.
- Thu, December 22, 2016 at 1 p.m.
- Wed, January 4, 2017 at 9 a.m.
- Mon, January 9, 2017 at 9 a.m.
- Thu, January 12, 2017 at 1 p.m.
What it Really Means to be a TeleCom Installer
All What it Really Means sessions are held at:
Racine County Workforce Solutions, Classroom C
1717 Taylor Avenue, Racine WI 53403
- Thu, December 8, 2016 at 1 p.m.
- Tue December 20, 2016 at 9 a.m.
- Fri, January 6, 2017 at 1 p.m.
- Tue January 10, 2017 at 9 a.m.
Contact Randy Reusser at email@example.com or 262.898.7468 for more information.
The Cable Connection Newsletter