What is the TeleCom / Cabling Installer Boot Camp?
This hands-on boot camp covers basic concepts of telecommunications equipment and cabling installation and other skills needed in the telecommunication field.
Telecom Cable Installer Boot Camp will run January 29, 2018 – April 29, 2018
Students will learn:
- Copper and fiber optic termination
- Termination, basic testing and troubleshooting
- Fire stopping and fire safety practices - install fire stop systems in classroom simulations
- Industry, codes and standards, industry best practices, and professionalism
Who is the Boot Camp For?
This boot camp is designed to prepare students to be entry level telecom cabling installers. It teaches the importance of safety, as well as safe practices and procedures.
How long is the Boot Camp program?
The Boot Camp is an 12-week program that requires attending class 8-hours a day, 5 days a week.
What prior education is required to attend the Boot Camp?
No prior experience in Telecommunications is required. Basic reading and math skills are required. Computer skills are helpful but not required. Students must complete a basic skills assessment prior to enrollment in boot camps.
Is college credit or certifications earned for the completed classes?
The Boot Camp is a certificate program. Satisfactory completion of boot camp courses earn college credit toward a diploma or degree. Up to 12 nationally recognized industry certifications can be earned.
What is the employment outlook for Telecommunications Installers?
The latest data (2012) from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts a 4-5% growth in this area over the next 8 years. The median pay for Installers is $54,530 per year, with the bottom 10% earning $30,840 or $14.83 per hour.
How can I get more information?
Plan to attend an information session.
All TeleCom Boot Camp Information Sessions will be held at:
Gateway’s SC Johnson iMET Center, Room 231
2320 Renaissance Boulevard, Sturtevant, WI
- Wednesday November 15, 2017 • 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Tuesday November 28, 2017 • 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Thursday December 7, 2017 • 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Tuesday December 19, 2017 • 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Contact Randy Reusser at email@example.com or 262-898-7468 for more information.
The Cable Connection Newsletter