HEADS UP Mentoring Initiative have been given an upgrade and now features several new components ranging from the overall process of recruitment and placement of Mentors and Mentees, forms and data collection to reflect the amazing work that both the mentors and mentees put into these relationships and a Blackboard community that contains a wide range of information that will assist everyone in the program. As well as a communication platform for all participants to feel and remain connected to one another.
Join the new HEADS UP Mentoring Blackboard shell!
To access Blackboard all you have to do is the following:
- Log-in to your Blackboard using your user ID and password.
- Go into the Community tab located at the top of the page.
- In the search box, type in “HEADSUP” – press GO.
- Press the drop button located on the side of HEADSUP_Mentoring.
- Select enroll
Gateway’s Multicultural Program is excited to announce open applications for the HEADS UP Mentoring initiative! HEADS UP will provide male and female student participants with a positive connection to campus as well as intensive guidance and support as they complete their program of study and transition into their professional or post-secondary steps, post-graduation.
Mentors will consist of Gateway faculty, staff and/or administration. Mentee cohort will consist of Gateway students enrolled in a post-secondary program. Multicultural Program staff will pair committed mentors and mentees for an entire semester.
Benefits of Having a Mentor:
- Insider’s perspective on navigating your career
- Someone to bounce ideas off
- A champion to cheer you on
- Hold you accountable
- Receive critical feedback
- Help you to make decisions about your career path
- Exposure to diverse perspectives and experiences
- Provide you with impartial advice
- Boost your career prospects and growth
- Open doors for you
- Help you to succeed if you do the work
- Gain access to your mentor’s network of contacts
- Learn from their real-world experiences
- Learn specific skills and knowledge that are relevant to professional goals
- Expand your leadership abilities
- Increase the capacity to translate values and strategies into productive actions
- Allow for increased self-awareness and self-discipline
Questions? Please feel free to reach out to your Multicultural Student Support Specialist:
Jomarie Coloriano, Racine
P: 262.619.6440 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Julani Bayan, Kenosha
P: 262-564-2546 | E: email@example.com
Mary Xiong, Elkhorn – Burlington
P: 262-741-8032 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org