All petitioning correspondence will be sent to your Gateway student email.
Please submit only the petition form for your program at this time. Further information will be sent to your Gateway student email once the petition window closes.
- Community Pharmacy Technician
- Dental Assistant
- Health Information Technology
- Health Unit Coordinator
- Medical Assistant
- LPN to ADN Bridge
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Surgical Technology
You will need to have your WebAdvisor username and password to access the petition form. You will also need to read your Gateway student emails to be notified of any needed updates.
How are Petitioning students selected?
To have their petitions considered, Petitioners must have met all requirements for their program listed below. Students are selected for seats by their having met the requirements for their program, application completion date and residency status at the time of their application. Students with earlier application completion (acceptance) dates and Gateway district residence have priority over students with later application completion dates or who are outside of the Gateway district and/or residents outside of Wisconsin.
How do I petition?
To petition, you will need your login to WebAdvisor to be able to petition.
Students who have met the eligibility requirements and who can commit to starting the clinical part of their programs should complete and turn in a petition form.
Only petitions submitted before 11:59 pm on the last date of the petition window will be considered.
- You can check Web Advisor two business days after submitting your petition to confirm we have received it.
To know if you are eligible to petition and take the clinical or practicum courses in your program, see What Do I Need to be Eligible to Petition?
Students will be identified to participate in clinical/practicum courses based on completion of eligibility requirements, acceptance date, and residency status.
When will I know if my Petition was selected?
Once the petition period is over for your program, we will review your file to ensure you have met all of the listed eligibility requirements and notify you via your Gateway email.
What will I need to do if I've been selected?
If your petition is selected,
- Notification of selection will be sent to your Gateway student email.
- You will be invited to a mandatory program orientation meeting. At this meeting, you will learn about the requirements and rigors of your core program courses. You will learn about registering for the core courses, and other expectations of the program. You are required to attend this meeting. If you do not attend the orientation, your seat will be forfeited and you will need to re-petition for future starts.
- You may need to update your file. Read the notification email for details on how to check to see if you need to update your CPR, Background Check, or Background Information Disclosure (BID)!
- Read this information carefully! If you do not update your information or do not attend the orientation, you will lose your seat and must re-petition at the next open petition window to be considered again.
- CPR, Medic 1st Aid, background checks, and Background Disclosure (BID) forms are valid for two years. If yours expires before the last day of the term of your clinical/practicum courses, you will need to renew them by the first day of the month prior to the first day of the term you enroll in clinical/practicum courses.
- For Summer 2014 students, CPR, background checks, and Background Disclosures (BID) must be valid through August 31, 2014 or you will need to renew yours by April 1, 2014.
- For Fall 2014 students, CPR, background checks, and Background Disclosures (BID) must be valid through December 23, 2014 or you will need to renew yours by August 1, 2014.
What happens if my Petition is not selected?
Students who did not meet the eligibility requirements or who did not qualify based on acceptance date will be notified in writing to their Gateway student email.
If your petition was not selected because you did not meet all of the requirements, continue to work on completing them. If your petition is not selected because your application date is later than those selected, you may petition during the next Petitioning window for your program. Remember, Petitions are selected in part, by your acceptance date, so each Petitioning cycle, your chances for selection improve.