All petitioning correspondence will be sent to your Gateway student email.
How do I petition?
To petition, you will need to login to WebAdvisor.
- Login to WebAdvisor, select Student Program Petition under the Academic Profile Section (bottom right).
- Select the program in which you want to submit a petition.
- Review your program petition requirements. Once you have met all program petition requirements (all green √s), you are able to submit your petition.
- Submit your petition by reading and check the acknowledgement box at the bottom of the screen and clicking submit.
- Congratulations, you have submitted your program petition.
- Your petition status will be updated on your Student Program Petition page in WebAdvisor within 7 business days of the close of the petition window.
You are only able to submit petitions until 11:59 pm on the last date of the petition window.
How are petitioning students selected?
To be considered, petitioners must have met all program petition requirements. Students are awarded seats by having met the program petition requirements, application completion date and current residency status. Students with earlier application completion (acceptance) dates and Gateway district residence have priority over students with later application completion dates or who are outside of the Gateway district and/or residents outside of Wisconsin.
When will I know if my Petition was selected?
Your petition status will be updated on your Student Program Petition page in WebAdvisor within 7 business days of the close of the petition window. Login to WebAdvisor to view your petition status information.
You will also be notified of your petition status via your Gateway student email.
What will I need to do if I am awarded a seat?
If you are awarded a seat, you will be invited to a mandatory program orientation meeting. At this meeting, you will learn about the requirements and rigors of your core program courses. You will learn about registering for the core courses, and other expectations of the program. You are required to attend this meeting. If you do not attend the orientation, your seat will be forfeited and you will need to repetition for a future term.
- You may need to update your file. Login to WebAdvisor to review your CPR, Background Information Disclosure (BID) and background check information. This information is listed on your Student Program Petition page. If any of these items will expire before the end of the semester you are petitioning for, you will need to renew them. Notification of any needed renewals will also be sent to your Gateway student email.
- Read this information carefully! If you do not update your information or do not attend the orientation, you will forfeit your seat and must repetition at the next open petition window to be considered again.
- CPR, Medic 1st Aid, background checks, and Background Disclosure (BID) forms are valid for two years. If yours expires before the last day of the term of your clinical/practicum courses, you will need to renew them.
What happens if I am not awarded a seat?
Students who did not meet the program petition eligibility requirements or who were not awarded a seat will be notified via their Gateway student email. You are able to review your petition status on the Student Program Petition page in WebAdvisor.
If you did not meet all of the program petition requirements, continue to work on completing them. If you have met all of your program petition requirements, congratulations, please review when the next petition window opens for your program and submit your petition at that time. Remember, seats are awarded in part, by your acceptance date, so your chances for selection improve with each petitioning cycle.