Your first step: Impact 211 should be the first call for updated information regarding which pantries and meals sites are open and how they are operating during COVID-19. Simply dial 2-1-1 to access the resource directory.
Racine COVID-19 Emergency Food Resources
Provided by the University of Wisconsin, Division of Extension for Kenosha and Racine Counties
Stay safe, access resources from home:
For emergency assistance, food or health care, please contact 1-888-794-5820 or submit verification through smartphone at https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/forwardhealth/myaccess.htm
Free meals for students:
- In order to accommodate in-person learning at all schools, our Remote Learning Curbside meal service is moving to 1 day per week and 1 location.
- We will be providing breakfast, lunch, and snacks for 5 days each week on Wednesdays at Starbuck Middle School from 4:00 - 6:30 p.m. (1516 Ohio Street)
- PRE-ORDERS ARE REQUIRED FOR MEAL PICK-UP for March 3 and beyond.
- The Pre-Order window opens each Monday at 6 a.m. and closes each Tuesday at 6 p.m.
- Learn more
- Burlington School District: Offers meals free of charge:
- Meal pickup will be from 12:00 noon - 12:30 pm, Monday only!
- Program available through the week of August 3 (will resume when school starts)
- Locations will be as follows:
- Waller School (195 Gardner Ave., door by cafeteria)
- Burlington High School (400 McCanna Parkway)
- Other Requirements
- Students must be 18 years old and younger, or disabled adults ages 19-21 participating in a public or private educational program.
- Adults can pick up on behalf of their children.
- Meals will be “grab and go.” However, meals will contain perishable items that will need to be consumed or refrigerated immediately after pick-up.
- Waterford Schools:Please contact the Union Grove Independent School District for up-to-date information: (903) 844-3900
- The Racine Police Department and The Salvation Army are also providing meals for school-aged children.
Other food resources:
- George Bray Family YMCA - Check their Facebook page for updates!
- Kingdom Builders - Offers various food giveaways; check their Facebook page for updates.
- Love Inc. Food Pantry - If you are in need of food during this time, please reach out as Love Inc. is serving people outside of their current clients. Meals will be packaged to go in plastic containers. (We ask that all who pick up a meal to please wear a mask). Meals will be served on the South side of the building (side closest to Nestle), please use the double gray doors. Meals will be available Mondays & Wednesdays from 5:00pm-5:30pm each week. Their food pantry is also open Tuesday & Thursday from 11 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Mukgonago Food Pantry- When you arrive, call 262-363-3452 and provide name and address. All food is pre-bagged. Food Pantry Client Hours: Monday - Tuesday 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.; Wednesday: 9:00 a.m. to noon; Wednesday & Thursday: 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Racine Cares Network - a Facebook page working to collect and share all resources for those affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Racine Mobile Market - This grocery store on wheels travels to various places in Racine County offering food at 25% off store prices
- St. Luke’s Episcopal Church/Hospitality Center - Offering free to-go pastries and coffee from 7:30 - 8:30 a.m. and to-go lunch from 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Monday - Friday.
- Union Grove Area Food Bank - The food bank remains open to clients but only by appointment only. Call 262-853-4144 to make an appointment or discuss your delivery options.