Those considering college face a number of questions as they seek to choose a program and enroll, and Gateway Technical College’s QuickStart event will help make that process as smooth as possible.
The event, held 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Dec. 10 in the SC Johnson Student Life Center of the Lake Building on Gateway’s Racine Campus, 1001 S. Main St., will provide participants guidance on how to get started, select classes, apply for financial aid or determine career options.
Any student who submits an application for admission will have their $30 application fee waived.
Some specific areas of interest include:
- Learn more about Gateway’s career-training programs
- Remember to bring high school transcripts, Accuplacer or ACT scores (or test at the session). Those who do can be admitted to Gateway at the event.
- Take the Accuplacer assessment. Students who wish to take this test must be on hand by 2 p.m.
- Learn about the resources available to students through the Gateway Student Support Services.
- Get assistance applying for financial aid.
- Go to gtc.edu/quickstart for a list of needed documents and for more information.