In an effort to reach out to and assist students affected by the closure of ITT Technical Institute earlier this week, Gateway Technical College officials have created specific workshops and a process to help those students continue their education.
A Gateway team of new student specialists, advisers, financial aid representatives and other Student Services staff members will work with affected students to determine their course options, financing, credit for prior learning and best course of action for their educational needs.
Gateway has set up two Quick Start seminars specifically assisting ITT students. A number of Student Services officials will be on hand to answer questions and guide students on the admission and enrollment process.
- Sept. 13: 3 p.m. to 5 p.m., Student Services center, Racine Campus, 1001 S. Main St.
- Sept. 15: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Student Services center, Kenosha Campus, 3520-30th Ave.
In addition, other ways the college is supporting ITT students include:
- The $30 application fee is waived for the former ITT students who attend the ITT Quick Start event, and their name will be put in a raffle for a $40 bookstore gift card.
- One $250 tuition voucher supported by the Gateway Technical College Foundation will be awarded at each of the two ITT Quick Start sessions to students who successfully enroll in the college.
- Gateway will also waive its credit for prior learning assessment and credit for prior learning course cost for these students up until the first day of the college’s Spring 2017 semester.
In addition, students can call (800) 247-7122 or visit any of Gateway’s Student Services centers for assistance, or e-mail email@example.com.