Gateway will provide training to area companies totaling $248,081 and will train 414 workers as part of Workforce Advancement Training Grant initiatives.
The grants will support a company’s efforts for continuous improvement, increasing efficiency and productivity. They will help a company to retain the workers they currently have and to increase its competitive productivity.
Training includes such topic areas as PLC troubleshooting, predictive maintenance, Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, blueprint reading and electrical mechanical training.
Companies from all three counties of Gateway’s district – Walworth, Kenosha and Racine – received grant funding. Those companies are:
- Adams Electric (Walworth County)
- Bird’s Eye Goods (Walworth County)
- Bradshaw Medical (Kenosha County)
- Brunk Industries (Walworth County)
- HFI Fluid Power Products (Kenosha County)
- Kenall Manufacturing (Kenosha County)
- Knapp Manufacturing (Racine County)
- Lavelle Industries (Racine County)
- Lean Consortium (Racine County/Walworth County)
- Mondi Akrosil (Kenosha County)
- R&B Grinding (Racine County)
- Shiloh Industries (Kenosha County)
Those interested in future grant opportunities should call Kate Walker, director of operations for Gateway’s Business and Workforce Solutions division. Walker can be reached at (262) 898-7410 or email@example.com.