Want to build a computer? Investigate a crime scene? Learn nail design?
Looking for fun, exciting and educational activities for your middle-schooler during the summer months?
Look no further than Gateway Technical College.
Gateway will hold its popular summer camps again this year with hands-on, fun learning, featuring such activities as making a computer, tap dance, creative nail design, theater, video game design and using a 3-D printer to design and build virtually any item. A total of 12 different camps will be held, ranging in price from $50 to $400. Eight are $65 or less each.
Camps are open to students who have completed grades 6 through 8, and held at Gateway’s Kenosha Campus, Elkhorn Campus and the SC Johnson integrated Manufacturing and Engineering Technology Center. Space is limited, so those interested are encouraged to sign up.
To sign up, go to: www.gtc.edu/webform/standard-form/summer-adventures-kids
- CSI Adventure. June 20, Kenosha Campus, 3520-30th Ave. Kenosha
- Fab Lab Maker Camp. June 20-June 23; June 27-June 30; July 18-July 21; SC Johnson integrated Manufacturing and Engineering Center, 2320 Renaissance Blvd. Sturtevant
- Go Green! July 27, Kenosha Campus.
- Creative Nail Design. June 29-June 30, Kenosha Campus.
- Tap Dance. June 20-June 24, Kenosha Campus.
- Video Game Design with Scratch. July 11-July 14, Elkhorn Campus, 400 County Highway H.
- Painters Adventure. August 1- August 4. Kenosha Campus, 3520-30th Ave. Kenosha
- Summer Theater. July 18-July 21, Kenosha Campus.
- Sign Languages of the World. June 20-June 23, Elkhorn Campus.
- All About the Face. June 27-June 28, Kenosha Campus.
- Computer Build Out. July 11-July 14, SC Johnson integrated Manufacturing and Engineering Center, 2320 Renaissance Blvd. Sturtevant
- Forensics Speaking. Aug. 1 and Aug. 8, Elkhorn Campus.