Gateway Technical College student Mark Short took home an amazing six first-place honors and three third-place honors at the Wisconsin Business Professionals of America State Leadership Conference Feb. 16 to Feb. 18 at Northcentral Technical College.
Short took first place in the following events:
- Accounting Mathematics Concepts
- Advanced Interview Skills
- Advanced Spreadsheet Applications
- Business Meeting
- Information Technology Concepts
- Personal Financial Management
Short took third place in the following events:
- Administrative Support Concepts
- Federal Income Tax Accounting
- Financial Math and Analysis Concepts
At the state event, students competed in the areas of information technology, accounting and administrative professional skills. Additionally, students had the opportunity to compete in interview skills and public speaking. Students were judged by industry professionals who are able to also share their expertise with students.
BPA is the national career/technical student organization for students preparing for careers in the business field.