In accordance with the Section 504 of the Vocational Rehabilitation Act, Gateway Technical College provides a wide range of services that assist students with disabilities in reaching their educational goals. Reasonable accommodations will be made for students with documented disabilities. Gateway Technical College’s intent is to provide equal access to programs and facilities at no additional cost and on all campuses.
To best facilitate support services, students should:
- Contact the disability support services instructors (DSS) prior to the semester and provide documentation of the disability.
- DSS instructors will verify the documentation and complete an accommodation plan.
- The DSS instructors, along with the student, determine the accommodations based on the documentation on file.
Accommodations may include, but are not limited to:
- Alternative media/assistive technology
- Electronic text
- Large print
- Dragon naturally speaking
- Zoom text
- Alternate testing
- Ergonomic Equipment
- Liaison with instructors, staff and outside agencies
*Tutoring is not a DSS Accommodation as this support service is provided to all Gateway Technical College students.
Additional services not required by ADA, but may be provided:
- Case management
The student with disabilities must meet with the DSS instructor each semester to receive and continue accommodations. It is the responsibility of the student to notify the DSS instructor when these accommodations are necessary throughout the semester and this plan can be changed or modified as the need arises. The student may reserve the right not utilize these services.
When do Disability Support Services begin?
Disability support services begin when the student’s documentation is in place and the accommodation plan has been written and signed by the student and DSS instructor. Services are not retroactive and accommodations will not be provided until documentation has been received and evaluated.
*Please note that we do not provide personal attendant care or transportation.