The student with documented disabilities may receive accommodations for the GED and HSED tests by following this procedure:
- Schedule to meet with a Disability Support Instructor and bring documentation.
- Forms are completed by Disability Support Instructor and Designated Professional.
- The Testing Specialist verifies and sends the forms to the Department of Public Instruction (DPI) to be approved or denied. Notification time varies.
- The Testing Specialist receives notification and informs the student.
- Student schedules an appointment to take the GED test with accommodations.
- Approved testing accommodations are administered by the Testing Specialist.
* No additional charges incur for these accommodations.
Possible accommodations for the GED may include one or more of the following:
- Extended time
- Supervised frequent Breaks
- Audiocassette edition with large-print reference copy
- Use of a Scribe
- Use of a talking calculator
- Private room
- Sign-language interpreter
- Calculator for part 11 of the Math test
- Braille version
- Other accommodations as warranted by the candidate’s need