Active participants in the Gateway TAG program may be eligible for the Grant Aid Scholarship. You may be awarded the Grant Aid Scholarship for up to a maximum of three years while enrolled in the TAG program. This scholarship is separate from Financial Aid that is received from completion of FAFSA, however it is considered a resource when calculating the entire Federal Financial Aid award. This scholarship is used to assist you with expenses that may be hindering you from attending class or completing your program of study.
You may be eligible for Grant Aid Scholarships if you:
- Are enrolled in courses for Fall and Spring semesters
- Have a minimum total (cumulative) GPA of 2.0
- Are enrolled in an associate degree program
- Are receiving a Federal Pell Grant
- Have “unmet need” > $1,000 per year as determined by Gateway’s Financial Aid office
- Meet the participation requirements as outlined in the scholarship application document
Please note that other funding sources (Federal FA, DVR funding, etc.) may be reduced because of the receipt of TAG Grant Aid.