Gateway is proud to provide quality accommodation services according to the Americans with Disabilities Act to students who are deaf or hard of hearing at all Gateway campuses and centers.
Do you need a sign language interpreter for a class, meeting or other college event? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the date, location and contact person.
What can you expect from your services at Gateway?
- Semester check in with the Deaf/Hard of Hearing Specialist
- Interpreters hold State of Wisconsin Licensure and RID and BEI certification. Interpreting services are provided for all classes, tutoring sessions, field trips and campus activities. Please request services well in advance.
- Assisted listening Devices and C-Print Captioning for our hard of hearing students.
- Note takers are provided by request, for each class.
- Testing in a distracted reduced room with Disability Support Services.
- Video phones are available at the Learning Success Center on the Racine and Kenosha campuses, and Elkhorn Campus’s Student Commons, South Building.
- UbiDuo Face-to-Face communicators are available at the Learning Success Centers, Student Services and Campus Libraries