Each of Gateway’s campuses offer a variety of food options for students and staff to choose from, in addition to vending machines placed around campus. There’s no shortage of healthy, satisfying food options to keep our campuses learning and working successfully.
Harborside Common Grounds has partnered with Gateway to offer sandwiches, a daily soup and treats alongside a range of coffee, tea and other beverages for purchase on the Kenosha Campus in the student commons area known as Rudy's Nest.
- The Common Grounds Gateway location is open when classes are in session Monday through Thursday. The cafe is closed on Friday and Saturday.
- Questions? Contact the Common Grounds Gateway location at 262-564-2790.
The Culinary Arts program provides short order deli meal options and bakery items as well as a coffee shop kiosk in the SC Johnson Student Life Center at various times throughout the week, along with limited hours for fine dining.
- The cafe is open Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. during the Fall Semester, serving coffee, soda, assorted bakery items, hot soup, salads and sandwiches.
- On Mondays during the Spring and Fall Semesters, culinary students prepare made-to-order breakfast from 8-10:30 a.m. and lunch from 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- On Thursdays, students prepare an international buffet menu for lunch from 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. based on a different nationality’s cuisine every week.
- Fine dining meals are available in the Breakwater Dining Room by reservation only on select Wednesdays during the Spring Semester; cost is $20 per meal and includes a specialty drink, appetizer, soup or salad, homemade bread, vegetable side, choice of entrée and dessert.
- Please call 262- 564-2511 or email Jean Sullivan at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about the bakery, breakfast or lunch options, or for fine dining inquiries and reservations.
Culinary program students on the Elkhorn Campus operate a short order food service on Thursdays during the Fall Semester, when they practice short order deli skills. Rotating breakfast and lunch options will be available those days.
- The Elkhorn Campus Cafe is a student-operated cafe. It is open Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. and serves Anodyne coffee, tea and bakery options all day. Lunch options are available beginning at 11 a.m.
- Please contact Campus Dean Terry Simmons with questions via email at email@example.com or by phone at 262-564-2084.