Each of Gateway’s campuses offer a variety of food options for students and staff to choose from, in addition to vending machines placed at various locations around campus. From local businesses that partner with Gateway to provide food services to meet our community’s needs, to delicious offerings from culinary students, there’s no shortage of healthy, satisfying food options to keep our campuses learning and working successfully.
Harborside Common Grounds has partnered with Gateway to offer sandwiches, soups and a range of drinks for purchase on the Kenosha Campus in the student commons area known as Rudy's Nest.
- During the Spring and Fall semesters, the Common Grounds Gateway location is open when classes are in session Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m to 8 p.m. and on Fridays from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- During the summer session, they are open Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Questions? Contact the Common Grounds Gateway location at 262-564-2790.
The Grind Cafe operates a coffee shop in the SC Johnson Student Life Center, serving coffee, tea and other drinks along with sandwiches, soup and other snacks.
- During Spring and Fall semesters, they are open Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- The location is closed closed July 1 through September 1.
- Contact The Grind with questions at 262-619-6110.
Our Culinary program also provides short order deli meal options and bakery items at in the SC Johnson Student Life Center at various times throughout the week, along with limited hours for fine dining on the Racine Campus.
- The bakery is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. during the Fall and Spring semester
- Breakfast is served during Spring and Fall semesters on Mondays from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m.
- Lunch is served Monday through Thursday from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- During the Spring semester, students develop a “comfort food” menu, and the Fall Semester menus features international cuisine.
- Fine dining meals are available in the Breakwater Dining Room by reservation only on select Wednesdays during the Spring Semester. Cost is $15 a meal and includes a specialty drink, appetizer, soup or salad, homemade bread, vegetable side, choice of entrée and dessert.
- Please call 262- 564-2511 or email Jean Sullivan at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about the bakery, breakfast or lunch options, or for fine dining inquiries and reservations.
Sweet Something's Pastries/Cafe provides short order food service, offering coffee, tea and other drinks with burgers, fries, salads, hot and cold sandwiches and soups, as well as baked goods in the Elkhorn Campus South Building’s Student Life Center.
- Spring and Fall semesters when classes are in session, the location is open Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. and on Fridays 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. They are closed Saturdays and Sundays but may be open for special events.
- During the Summer Semester, the location serves food on Mondays from 8 a.m. to 5 pm., Tuesdays from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m., Wednesdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Thursdays from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Sweet Something’s Pastries/Cafe also offers catering services for events on the Elkhorn Campus.
- Please call the cafe at 262-741-8088 with questions.
Culinary program students on the Elkhorn Campus operate a food cart during the Fall Semester, when they practice short order deli skills.