Information for drivers who get a ticket in Wisconsin but are licensed in a different state:
- Anytime an out-of-state person receives a ticket in Wisconsin, a license number is registered in Wisconsin for the person receiving the ticket.
- A person with an out-of-state license can take the Point Reduction course to reduce the points on a ticket received in Wisconsin. Taking the class will only affect the points that are on the Wisconsin driving record.
- A ticket received in Wisconsin will be reported to the state the license is held in. A person needs to refer to their state’s laws regarding a ticket they received in Wisconsin.
Information for licensed Wisconsin drivers who get a ticket in a different state:
- When a person with a Wisconsin license receives a ticket in another state the ticket is reported to Wisconsin.
- The out-of-state ticket will show on the person’s license as zero points, no matter what the penalty is in Wisconsin.