Saturday, April 17, 2021
- Drive Through Activities: 9 a.m.-11 a.m.
- Virtual Expo: 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Each year, Gateway Technical College hosts EcoFest in Racine and Celebrate Earth Day in Kenosha and Elkhorn to celebrate the environment with displays, workshops and hands-on activities for people of all ages.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Gateway will celebrate EcoFest and Earth Day together on Saturday, April 17, 2021, with drive-through activities at the Elkhorn, Kenosha and Racine campuses followed by an online expo with environmentally themed presentations and virtual exhibitor booths.
Thank you to our sponsor, Snap-on Incorporated, for their generous support, and to our partner, Greening Greater Racine, for assistance planning this event.
9:00-11:00 a.m. Drive-Through Activities in Elkhorn, Kenosha and Racine:
Visit the Elkhorn, Kenosha or Racine Campus to receive free giveaway items and drop off donation items and electronics to be recycled.
Drive-through activities include:
- Pick up free garden kits, kids activity kits and compost bags (limited quantities available on a first-come, first-served basis)
- Drop off electronics for recycling - find a list of accepted items here (TVs and CRT monitors are NOT accepted; electronics recycling will run from 9 a.m.-1 p.m.)
- Donate unopened, unexpired non-perishable food and hygiene items to benefit the Shalom Center in Kenosha, HALO, Inc. in Racine, and Walworth County Food and Diaper Bank
- Attendees of the drive-through activities will be asked to remain in their vehicle during the event; attendees will be expected to wear a mask while interacting with event staff.
11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. Online Expo and Presentations at www.accelevents.com/e/GatewayEcofestEarthDay
Join us for an online expo where you can attend informational sessions and view virtual booths for local exhibitors.
Online activities include:
- Connect with community organizations and local vendors, and view environmentally inspired artwork at our online expo
- Watch online informational presentations on topics such as garden starting, tree care, renewable energy and local recycling initiatives
- Enjoy virtual workshops on topics such as offsetting your carbon footprint, home compost, home grown food recipes, seed starting and scheduling your spring garden planting
- Attendees for the online portion of the event must complete a free registration to attend. Those who register will be able to access the online event portal from April 17 through May 17, 2021, so you can keep coming back to enjoy recordings of presentations, explore expo booths and more! Register today!
Questions? Contact Abbie Ford at firstname.lastname@example.org.