Welcome to Gateway Technical College! Gateway has been providing quality accommodation services to students who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing for many years. We currently offer services to Deaf or Hard of Hearing students on our Racine, Kenosha, Elkhorn and Burlington Campuses and at our off campus sites, as needed.
What can you expect from your services at Gateway Technical College?
- Gateway provides accessibility according to the Americans with Disabilities Act and the 504 Rehabilitation Act.
- Specialists are available in Elkhorn, Burlington, Racine and Kenosha to assist you in registering for classes, arranging accommodations and answering any questions.
- All interpreters hold State of Wisconsin Licensure.
- Interpreters are provided for all classes, tutoring sessions, field trips and campus activities. Please request services well in advance.
- Deaf ASL tutor
- Notetakers are provided for each of your classes, every semester.
- Gateway offers assisted listening devices and C-Print Captioning to our hard of hearing students. You will be able to reserve this device for your use throughout the semester.
- Video Phones are available at the Learning Success Center on the Racine and Kenosha campuses, and Elkhorn campus' Student Commons, South Building..
- UbiDuo Face-to-Face communicators are available at the Learning Success Centers, Student Services, and the Libraries on each campus
- Deaf/Hard of Hearing Services Student Handbook