Explore a career outside the box and follow your strengths and career passions – no matter where it leads you.
The Non-Traditional Occupations program was established to help students recognize all career opportunities, unrestricted by social or cultural expectations. The program provides career exploration, career preparation, case management and job readiness services. It is for males as well as females enrolled in specific career program areas.
What is a non-traditional occupation?
A non-traditional occupation is defined as any occupation of which women or men comprise less than 25 percent of the workforce.
Men and women today are shattering the age-old barriers set before them in gender-dominated careers. Gateway is here to assist you pursue your career through a variety of its resources to ensure that you can pursue your career in a non-traditional occupation.
Why pursue a non-traditional career?
- Many are in high-demand career fields
- Graduates earn 20 percent to 30 percent more than traditional jobs
- These industries typically provide excellent benefit packages
- Career training can take as few as 18 months
- Support your family on a single income
- Upgrade your skills – from underemployed to solid wages