The Department of Children and Families Scholarship Program awards scholarships up to $5,000 for youth who have been in out-of-home care for and are entering a degree, license or certificate program.
- Read eligibility Requirements on the application
- Complete the form
- Mail the completed form to listed addresses on the form
- Have been in out-of-home care (OHC) court ordered (Ch. 48 or 938) placement (kinship, foster home, group home or residential care center) and left OHC at age 18 or older;
- Have been in OHC placement for at least six months after the age of 15 and went to Ch. 48 or 938 Guardianship or adoption after the age of 16.
- Aged out of OHC placement in another state but has become a permanent resident of Wisconsin prior to attending a Wisconsin postsecondary institution.
- Be accepted into a postsecondary institution (i.e., college, vocational or technical program) at the time the application is submitted.
- Be age 20 or less, unless enrolled in a postsecondary program and receiving the DCF Scholarship on his / her 21st birthday, thus extending eligibility to the student’s 23rd birthday.
For more DCF Scholarship options, visit the Wisconsin Department of Children and Families.