Skip to content Skip to navigation

General Studies Transfer Certificate UW-Parkside

The purpose of the transfer agreement (1+3 Consortium Agreement) is to provide a seamless transfer process for Gateway Technical College students who desire to continue their education at UW-Parkside.

By completing all of the 1+3 Consortium Agreement requirements (outlined below), participating students will be admitted to Gateway’s General Studies Transfer Certificate and will be conditionally admitted to UW-Parkside. Students must complete the General Studies Transfer Certificate with a 2.0 cumulative GPA prior to being fully admitted to UW-Parkside. It is the student’s responsibility to demonstrate fulfillment of formal requirements for full admission to UW-Parkside.

Student Steps

All * items submitted to Gateway Technical College

  • Complete Gateway Application for Admission (program code 90-800-2Z)*
  • Take the COMPASS (test fee is $15) or submit ACT/SAT test scores*
  • Submit an official high school or GED/HSED transcript, verifying receipt of credential*
  • Submit official transcripts from all previously attended colleges/universities*
  • Post-secondary 2.0 cumulative GPA or Advisor Consent
  • Submit Gateway & UW-Parkside 1+3 Consortium Agreement Form*
  • Submit Gateway & UW-Parkside 1+3 Statement of Educational Intent Form*
  • Apply for Financial Aid by completing the FAFSA (use UW-Parkside School Code – 005015)
  • Meet with a Gateway Academic Advisor to develop an academic plan
  • Review the FAQ here

The Gateway and UW-P 1+3 Consortium Agreement is valid while the student is active in the Gateway certificate program. The Gateway and UW-P 1+3 Consortium Agreement allows students to receive financial aid from UW-P for their Gateway portion of the 1+3 program.

In certain circumstances federal regulations allow a degree-seeking student to receive Federal Student Financial Aid from the home institution* while studying at a ‘visiting’ institution; this is referred to as a consortium agreement.

In this case, UW-P is the home institution, since the degree will be earned at UW-P and Gateway is the ‘visiting institution.’

It is illegal to receive financial aid from more than one institution for the same period of attendance.

To be considered for the 1+3 consortium agreement, the student must complete the following:

What happens after my consortium documents are received?

  1. Once the consortium documents have been received the UW-P Office of Admissions-New Student Services will conditionally admit you to UW-P and, if you are a financial aid student, the UW-P Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid will be able to complete your financial aid award.
  2. Your financial aid refund will be disbursed once Gateway sends UW-P verification of enrollment. Enrollment verification will happen after Gateway’s Census Date, which is the 10th calendar day of the semester. You must be registered and attending classes prior to Gateway’s census date to be considered eligible for financial aid. Census date information can be found at
  3. Your financial aid refund will go on your Ranger Choice Card. Your Ranger Choice card will need to be activated in order for you to receive the refund. For information regarding the Ranger Choice card visit:
  4. If you wish to have your refund forwarded to another bank account, you may do so online once you activate your card.
  5. UW-P does not pay any tuition and/or fees to Gateway. All Gateway charges are your responsibility. You can pay Gateway via WebAdvisor or at any Student Services Center. Students with debts will be unable to access future services including transcripts or future enrollment.
  6. UW-P’s Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid will frequently verify with Gateway your current credit hours. If there is any change in your enrollment, your financial aid might be adjusted to reflect the change and you might owe aid back to UW-P.