This course gives students skills and practice needed to design and lay out communication products using Adobe InDesign software. Students explore and apply graphic design, technical communication, and usability theories to produce print and electronic communication products.
If you love to write and want a career that provides versatility of working in a wide range of industries, look no further than Gateway’s Professional Communications associate degree in Racine, WI, or online. Recent technology growth provides new opportunities for those who can transform information into clear, captivating content. Take compelling communications classes, earn your degree and prepare for a rewarding career by becoming an expert in all aspects of professional writing, research and editing.
- Hands-on, project-based learning allows you work with the latest software, gain knowledge from industry experts and develop your professional portfolio to use in the job search after graduation.
- Gain professional experience by interning with local businesses and working with clients. Grow your network by joining the Society for Technical Communication and attending career-training events.
- Boost your resume by earning specialized certificates including Copy Writer, Grant Writer, Technical Journalist, Technical Writer, Web Content Writer and more as part of the Professional Communications program.
- Become a writer equipped with the skills needed to work with all kinds of writing, web content, PR or social media. Start a career you love while earning great wages in a growing industry.
- Earn your bachelor’s degree by easily transferring to a four-year college or university through Gateway’s transfer agreements. Increase your earning potential and further develop your writing skills.
Online, Racine Campus
Tuition & Fees: $9,727
Books & Supplies: $4,330
Professional Communications Career Pathway
Career Pathways are designed to help you reach your educational goals and explore college and career options. Pathways are made up of related certificates, diplomas and degrees that build on common skills and knowledge. You can begin at any point on the Career Pathway and customize your pathway to fit your goals. View the pathway for your area of interest.