Toll Free: 1-800-247-7122
TTY: (262) 741-8492
Wisconsin Relay System: 711
Burlington Campus: (262) 767-5200
Elkhorn Campus: (262) 741-8200
Kenosha Campus: (262) 564-2200
Racine Campus: (262) 619-6200
Campus Closings: 1-800-353-3152
Gateway’s Multicultural Program encourages the success of students of color by offering comprehensive services which promote academic achievement, career building, cross cultural engagement, and leadership development.
Your future is important and the Multicultural Program is excited about the opportunity to prepare and educate you for what lies ahead. As you further your education and embark on a new career, the Multicultural Program will assist you on your journey. Please do not hesitate to call on us for assistance.
The Multicultural Program provides opportunities and guidance through various services including:
Academic Support & Student Advocacy
- One-on-One Personalized Assistance: Students can develop an individual learning plan, including student's strengths, educational needs and academic progress, learn about college and community resources, and engage in college success conversations and support services.
- Tutoring: Multicultural Program tutors are available in a variety of subjects to provide additional assistance or instruction in coursework.
- Student Success Workshops: Monthly workshops offer a comprehensive array of topics including employability skills, personal growth, and student development.
- Transition Services: Students looking to move onto the next level of education receive assistance with reviewing career options and the enrollment process to other institutions of higher learning.
- Midterm Support: Students receive early notification when midterm grades and instructor feedback are available, as well as information on midterm preparation and academic resources on campus.
- ABE/ELL Immersion: Peer advocates provide ABE and ELL students with support services and academic assistance as they transition into a program of study at Gateway.
- HEADS UP Mentoring: Students receive academic and professional guidance and assistance from mentors as they complete their program of study and successfully enter their careers.
- Conferences: A College Success Seminar is offered in the fall to prepare students to succeed in their program of study. The Student Leadership Conference offered each Spring builds leadership and networking skills, preparing students to enter their career.
- Alliance for Multicultural Students: AMS student club provides development and leadership opportunities through college and community engagement activities.
- Cultural Programming: The Multicultural Program collaborates with Gateway's Student Life office to host events that help to create a climate of inclusion and cultural consciousness.