New Student Scholarships are for students who have graduated from high school or earned their GED/HSED.
- Students need to be accepted by the priority date: 7/1 for Fall
- Meet requirements of the programs
New Adult Learner Scholarship
This renewable scholarship is for new adult learners entering Gateway with no Gateway credits.
Students must have clear educational goals, meet priority date deadlines, and follow their chosen program deadlines. This scholarship is available to students pursuing a technical diploma or associate’s degree.
75% of the tuition and fees per year, renewable for 5 semesters if full time and 10 semesters if part time, provided a 2.8 GPA is maintained.
- Two(2) scholarships will be available for part time students carrying 6 credits
- Three (3) scholarships will be available for students carrying 12 credits.
The only associate degree program with funding limitation is the Aeronautics Pilot program; only resident tuition will be covered, not fees.
- Students must be accepted into their programs by 7/1 for Fall
- Clearly stated goal connected to education or career and plans to reach that goal
- Accepted into a program for an associate degree or technical diploma
- Must meet program requirements for admission
- Complete the FASFA by priority date
- Stated financial need (explained in a brief essay)
- Two (2) letters of recommendation written by current employer, former supervisor, or community member (not a family member)
- Preference for individuals who indicate they have access to reliable transportation
- Selected candidates will be interviewed by the selection committee
Requirements of Scholarship Recipients to maintain scholarship semester to semester
- Must register and pass with a “C” or better any remedial courses
- Maintain GPA of 2.8 or greater
- Must meet with academic advisor
- Must attend at least one Financial Literacy workshop offered by Student Services