The computerized COMPASS test is available to all students. This test is untimed on the computer with use of a calculator. Students with a documented disability can take the placement test with accommodations at no extra fee.
Procedure for placement test accommodations
- Meet with Disability Support Instructor to provide current documentation and discuss testing accommodations
- Schedule testing appointment in Student Services.
- Test scores are given to the Testing Specialist on each campus.
- The student meets with a program counselor to determine appropriate course selection based on test scores.
Alternative placement testing accommodations
One or more of the following alternative placement testing accommodations may be available for students with documented disabilities.
- Computer Compass test
- Paper and pencil ASSET test
- Test read aloud
- Extra time
- Large print version available
- Distraction reduced area
- Taped ASSET
- Use of a calculator
- Other accommodations as determined by the Disability Support Services Instructors
*Students taking the ASSET must take both the Numerical Skills (prealgebra) and the Elementary Algebra tests.