The computerized Accuplacer test is available to all students. This test is untimed. Students with a documented disability can take the placement test with accommodations at no extra fee.
Procedure for placement test accommodations
- Meet with Disability Support Instructor to provide current documentation and discuss testing accommodations
- Visit Testing Services to schedule your testing appointment.
- Pay for your exam fee at Student Services or online. Visit the How do I Sign Up for a Test webpage for more information.
- The student meets with their Academic Advisor to determine appropriate course selection based on test scores.
Alternative placement testing accommodations
One or more of the following alternative placement testing accommodations may be available for students with documented disabilities.
- Paper and pencil format
- Large print format
- Distraction reduced area
- Audio assistance
- Use of a calculator
- Signed interpreter
- Other accommodations as determined by the Disability Support Services Department
For more information about the Placement Exam, please visit our Placement Testing webpage.