Creating personalized strategies and solutions for your business
Gateway Technical College's BIZ Squad is a multidisciplinary student project team that provides no-cost customized assistance to area businesses in Southeastern Wisconsin. BIZ Squad Internship classes are offered in the Fall and Spring semesters.
Possible areas of assistance include, but are not limited to:
- Graphic communications – Creation of marketing materials, websites and logo design
- Business management – Development of business expansion or consolidation plans
- Marketing – Creation or revision of company marketing plan including social media content
- Accounting – Recommend changes and provide accounting review resources
- Supervisory management – Design HR functions and assist with legal business aspects
- Professional Communications – Packaging, brochure, and website content writing
- Administrative professional – Development of new forms and front office procedures
Providing expertise and effective business solutions at no cost to you
Once a business is selected, BIZ Squad students will meet with the company, complete a needs assessment and then create a customized assistance plan. At the end of the semester or at the project deadline students will present project outcomes to the business. All projects are overseen by industry-savvy instructors who have years of experience in their discipline field. BIZ Squad Internship classes are offered in the Fall and Spring semesters.
All requested projects will be reviewed to determine if they meet the educational requirements of the BIZ Squad. Gateway reserves the right to only accept projects they feel are suitable for the BIZ Squad.
Services are provided free of charge but donations are welcome. Donations support the BIZ Squad student scholarship fund.