Toll Free: 1-800-247-7122
Wisconsin Relay System: 711
Burlington Campus: (262) 767-5200
Elkhorn Campus: (262) 741-8200
Kenosha Campus: (262) 564-2200
Racine Campus: (262) 619-6200
Campus Closings: 1-800-353-3152
A new slate of United Student Government officers has been elected and you can expect to see them around campus.
USG serves as the voice of the students and plans activities for students and their families.
Four students serve in district-level officer positions, while the others serve in campus-level positions.
The 14 new officers include several students who already serve in leadership capacities in other campus organizations, said Lindsey Mizak, student life specialist.
“I think they’re going to be really visible,” Mizak said.
Starting next Fall, USG leaders will likely be available in high-traffic areas on campus to answer questions and gather student opinions, she said.
The new leaders will gather in May to plan activities for the 2014-’15 school year, including leadership opportunities for officers and students as well as family-inclusive activities.
The new officers are:
- Christopher Arbour, district president
- Pamela Schacht,
- district executive vice president
- Adrianna Fisher, district secretary
- Jacquita Hughes, district treasurer
- Kathleen Stannis, vice president, Burlington Center
- Elizabeth Bowers, vice president, Elkhorn Campus
- Michele Czarnecki, vice president, SC Johnson iMET Center
- Nathanieal Pringle, vice president, Kenosha Campus
- Leonardo Hibarra, vice president, Racine Campus
- Sherry Bigalke, public relations secretary, Burlington Center
- Aaron Cole, public relations secretary, Elkhorn Campus
- Travis Mitchell, public relations secretary, SC Johnson iMET Center
- Mary Gonzalez, public relations secretary, Kenosha Campus
- Denise Trinidad, public relations secretary, Racine Campus
Even though officers already have been chosen, there are still ways to get involved. All students are welcome at the general assembly meetings and students are invited to join USG committees that include communications, student activities and legislative.