Tentative Travel Dates: May or June 2020 (Dates are subject to change based on airfare)
Participants will travel to Australia’s East Coast and travel south to Wollongong and have the opportunity to immerse themselves in the culture and stay with host families. Participants will learn more about their program area at TAFE (Technical and Further Education) campuses, visit Blue Scope Steel, stunning beaches, and spend a few days in Sydney during their annual Vivid festival of lights. Open to staff, students, and alumni.
To be eligible you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be in compliance with department and college policies and free of disciplinary action or progressive discipline action
- Have or be able to obtain a valid U.S. Passport by February, 2020
Additional eligibility requirements for STUDENTS:
- Be declared in a Gateway Associate Degree or Diploma
- Have completed 6 credits
- Have a minimum grade point average of 2.5 (on a 4-point scale) in declared program.
- Be able to provide two (2 letters of recommendation from Gateway faculty)
- Be available for an interview in November 2019
Additional eligibility requirements for STAFF:
- Have been hired prior to December 31, 2018
- Submit an approved Activity Request Form
Successful candidates will have the social maturity to represent the U.S. and Gateway abroad, work well in a team environment, and be able to handle uncertainty.