Gateway’s International Club provides opportunities for members to meet fellow students and learn about international cultures. Members develop relationships through participation in social activities, community activities and cultural field trips, creating enthusiasm for learning about other cultures. Student gain the experience of planning, organizing and carrying out worthy activities including social and recreational activities. The club also provides a forum for students to share and participate in the internationalization efforts at Gateway.
The International Club, which partners with Global Scholars and the International Education Office on ideas, hosts student open houses, has monthly meetings and has international student meet and greets. Students will learn how to build competence in intercultural communication, demonstrate skills to analyze cross-cultural comparisons and articulate an understanding of global perspectives.
The club is a community of international and American students dedicated to:
- Introducing rich and unique world cultures to the Gateway community
- Enhancing diversity of the Gateway community through cultural and social activities
- Committing to global understanding, global education, and global involvement
- Enhancing global awareness and cultural diversity of the Gateway community through active cultural, social, academic and recreational activities
- Providing assistance and counseling while installing confidence in club members and directing them to reach their educational and personal goals
- Reaching out to the local community by enriching club members' lives beyond traditional education
- Providing the international student community with formal representation within the college and the surrounding communities
- Providing the Gateway community with opportunities to learn about international students and their cultures through multicultural experiences
Any Gateway student is encouraged and welcome to join.
International Marketplace Tuesday - 12/18/18; 9a.m. - 4 p.m.; KenoshaCampus - Atrium
International Marketplace Wednesday - 12/19/18; 9a.m. - 4 p.m.; Elkhorn Campus - North Building
1/14/19 5:30 p.m. - Kenosha Campus A202A
2/18/19 5:30 p.m. - Kenosha Campus A202A
4/15/19 5:30 p.m. - Kenosha Campus Student Commons