SAFE International Self Defense expert William Stedman combines life-saving strategies with just the right dose of humor in this workshop offered to Gateway students and staff.
- How attackers choose their victims
- How your intuition can save you
- Safety in the car, your home, and in public
- How to handle the most common attacks
- Simple, easy to remember physical self- defense concepts
- Communication: Be polite? Yell? The golden rules of verbal de-escalation
- SAFE simulated attack scenarios
All participants need to print out and complete Release of Liability forms and bring them to their session. Also, be sure to come in comfortable clothes and tennis shoes.
Pick a session below
April1, 2019, 1 - 4 pm: Kenosha Academic Building, Room A238
March 26, 2019, 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.; Quad Rooms
April 10, 2019, 12 - 3 p.m.; North Building, N217
Registration is required. Each student/staff participant is allowed to bring one guest.
Questions? Contact Josh Vollendorf at firstname.lastname@example.org.