On March 7, 2020, Three Harbors Council will be holding the 10th Annual Merit Badge Tech Day at Gateway Technical College in Kenosha.
You must be 12 years old or older on the day of the event to participate.
*NOTE: merit badge course offerings are subject to change before registration begins
Please note a couple of important changes for this year:
- NEW - Check-in will run from 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. at the location of your merit badge course. There is NO bus service between campuses.
- Lottery for Welding Merit Badge will run between Saturday, Feb 1 - Friday, Feb 7 at 8:00 a.m. Names will be pulled from all registrations received by the Welding registration deadline. if you do not receive a phone call on Friday, Feb 7 plan to register for an open merit badge, starting Saturday, Feb 8.
- Registration will open Saturday, Feb 8 at 8:00 a.m.
- Check-in will be at the location of your merit badge course: Kenosha Campus, Racine Campus, SC Johnson integrated Manufacturing and Engineering Technology (iMET) Center in Sturtevant, the Horizon Center for Transportation Technology in Kenosha. There is NO bus service between campuses.
- Courses are taught by Gateway Technical College Faculty and Merit Badge Counselors. These experts will take Scouts through each merit badge requirement.
- Each Scout will need to bring a signed blue merit badge card from their Scoutmaster in order to participate.
- Many, but not all of the merit badge requirements will be completed at Merit Badge Tech, please review the current merit badge requirements prior to attending.
- Our goal is for each Scout to choose one badge and focus on learning about the subject and if not completed, then provide the contact information for completion independently.
- Registration to attend the Merit Badge Tech assumes approval for pictures to be taken.
- Cost is $10.00 per Scout and will be collected at the door. Lunch, and participant patch provided to each registered Scout.
- Scouts will be ready for pick-up at each location by 2:30 p.m.
- Registration is first come, first served.
- Please note, this year there will be NO waiting list
- You will be notified via email of your successful registration.
- Each Scout is only allowed to register for one merit badge.
Merit Badge Counselor Training
The merit badge counselor is a key player in the Boy Scout advancement program. Whatever your area of expertise or interest – whether it is a special craft or hobby (basketry, leatherwork, coin collecting), a profession (veterinary medicine, aviation, engineering), or perhaps a life skill (cooking, personal management, communications) – as a merit badge counselor, you can play a vital role in stirring a young person’s curiosity about that particular topic. By serving as a merit badge counselor, you offer your time, knowledge, and other resources so that Scouts can explore a topic of interest.
Register on Three Harbors Council \ Calendar website, drop-ins welcome.
Training to be held at:
SC Johnson iMET
2320 Renaissance Blvd.
Sturtevant WI 53177
Noon - 1 PM