Gain real-world experience while making an impact in your community.
BIZ Squad is a service-learning internship, offered in the Fall and Spring semesters, that provides Gateway students an opportunity to gain real-world experience as they provide assistance to area businesses in the fields of accounting, administrative professional, business and supervisory management, graphic communication, social media, marketing and information technology.
Students grow professionally as they:
- Build professional relationships with business owners
- Gain hands-on experience in their field of study
- Develop and build presentation skills
- Gain experience in other related program disciplines
- Build their resume and professional portfolio
Build your professional network and portfolio
The BIZ Squad internship is available on the Elkhorn, Kenosha and Racine Campuses. Students can check WebAdvisor for the availability of the BIZ Squad course (102-138). Instructor approval is required for class enrollment. Interested students can speak with their faculty advisor for approval.
The ideal BIZ Squad student candidate will:
- Be a team player
- Enjoy working in a constantly changing and creative setting
- Be able to dress and act professionally
- Be organized and deadline driven
- Be a self-starter
- Be in good academic standing
- Be able to make the necessary time commitment including time outside of class
- Show leadership and commitment